- This was first and only stop for the evening tour and really a worth visit when you are in Hpa An.
- The tuk-tuk brought us from the main road and started bringing us inside on a dirt road.
- We stopped by the ticket counter and then walked for 2 minutes towards the cave.
- The cave is also a sight for one of the Buddhist temples and is situated near the river.
- The sightseeing is only open for the evening. I suggest you reach early so you can enjoy the surrounding views. One of the pagodas is situated on a higher platform for which you need to do a treacherous climb. But once you reach there, the view is beyond explanation.
- After sunset, you can come down and wait in front of the cave. They do open the gates for the cave, so you can also go inside; although you will not be able to see anything and it stinks like hell.
- Once it is dark, local people out there start banging on the plastic cans to make bats leave the cave.
- And Blimey!!! There were thousands, billions, millions, trillions of bats flying out. They were not huge bats but the number of bats was astounding. The same scenario went on for almost 15 minutes and there were still more and more bats coming out.
Timing:- 04:30 PM tp 06:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 45 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- 1000 MMK