Dubai is also known as the Paris of the middle east for its modernity and the high rise buildings and the way the government has developed the city in the middle of the desert. Dubai is one of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates aka UAE. It is the most developed and most visited Emirate in the country.
Skyline of Dubai - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Strikingly
The country of UAE follows the religion of Islam, although there are no strict regulations about clothing, extreme exposing clothes can be asked to cover with jackets or scarfs. Local females wear the traditional black dress which covers them from head to toe which is called Abaya and it mostly comes in black color. Males are seen wearing a long white gown, the traditional UAE dress known as Kandoora.
Weather in Dubai can get as dramatic as we can think of. During the summer days i.e. from May to September, the city experiences the maximum heat. To ease the life in such temperatures, the government has also come up with air-conditioned bus stops, flyover bridges and also elevators at these bridges. Cleanliness is one of the most important aspects of the city, and any littering at any random place can ut tourists into serious trouble.
Air Conditioned Bus Stop at Dubai - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Alcohol is not sold in UAE in shops and can only be bought in pubs, discos, and restaurants. Drunk driving can even let one lose their license with heavy fine and punishment depending upon the level of the offense. However, visitors are allowed to bring in liquor into the city while flying in or it can be bought at the Dubai duty-free shop before leaving the arrival area.
Dubai enforces strict laws about driving while on the main highway i.e. Shaikh Zayed Road, there are CCTVs at each and every nook and corner and it is not possible to get away with any wrongdoing.
The Currency of UAE - Dirham. Image Source - Google
The currency used in Dubai is the United Arab Emirates Dirham aka AED which comes in paper currency as well as coins. Most of the shops and merchants accept debit and credit cards but currency can come in handy anytime.
In recent times, Dubai has acquired global attention because of its huge construction projects and innovative ideas like the Dubai Shopping Festival aka DSF which attracts tourists from all over the world to come and visit this city. Dubai shopping festival typically starts after Christmas every year and lasts for a month. For this whole month, the city is abuzz with a lot of shopping sales everywhere and a special set up is made at a location called as Global Village.
Getting Into Dubai
The Dubai International Airport is a major hub for all the flights from USA, Europe, and Asia. From any of the major cities, there are plenty of airlines which provide direct flying options to this hub.
Going Around Dubai
The city of Dubai gives you plenty of options to go around the city as per your budget. Going around by taxi can be way costlier than traveling my Metro, Subways, Local Buses, and Water Buses. The NoI card can be bought which allows traveling by metros and subways with one single card.
Staying in Dubai
This is where it gets expensive for the wallet, especially when it is about staying in luxurious hotels. In 2014, Dubai's hotels were identified as the most expensive hotels in the world. Even staying in hostels is costlier than other parts of the World.
Places To Visit in Dubai
1. Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
View from Burj Khalifa - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Dubai Fountain Show - Places to Visit in Dubai. Video Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- The meaning of Burj in the Arabic language is Tower. The tallest man-made tower in the World - Burj Khalifa standing at the height of 829.8 meters has become the identity of Dubai.
- The tower is was constructed in 2008 after starting the construction in 2004 and has been on the top of the tallest tower's list of the World since then.
- The vehicle drops at the parking of Dubai Mall and entrance to the Burj Khalifa is a 10-minute walk from there which is inside the mall itself.
- The tickets are also sold online, getting an appointment is a good way, so one can plan their day because of the rush. Any kind of sharp objects, food packets or flammable items are not allowed to be carried inside.
- After the security, there is a walk of 2 minutes which goes till the elevator. The elevator goes to the 124th-floor observation deck within 1 minute 15 seconds with the speed of 36km/h, the maximum speed an elevator can reach.
- The famous Dubai fountain shows happen at the base o the Burj Khalifa, once in the first half of the day and thrice in the second half of the day. It can be enjoyed from the base as well as from the top of the Burj Khalifa, however, it can get crowded since many of them would want to enjoy it from the top.
Timing:- Non-Prime Hours - 08:30 AM to 02:30 PM and Until 07:00 PM
Prime Hours - 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- CHECK HERE
2. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo - Places to Visit in Dubai. Video Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- Located inside the Dubai Mall, a five-minute walk from the Burj Khalifa entrance is one of the most famous attractions in Dubai because of its largest acrylic panel in the world.
- The Aquarium is only made of an acrylic panel and an underwater tunnel which lets visitors see all the marine creatures around them in the tunnel.
- It also carries different activities like shark encounter, cage snorkeling, shark dive, shark walker etc.
- Underwater Zoo is another part of the aquarium which is two levels up from the tunnel. It is divided into various sections as per the exhibits including jellyfishes, polar bears, reptiles, penguins.
Timing:- 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- 120 AED
3. Dubai Frame
Dubai Frame - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Strikingly
- The most recent addition to the Dubai city sightseeing and architectural monument situated at Zabeel Park.
- As the name says it is a huge photo frame, the largest in the world. Which allows tourists to take the elevator up to the observation deck standing at a height of 150 meters and 105 meters wide.
- The observation deck allows seeing two different sides of the Dubai city, Old Dubai and Modern Dubai. Along with the modern technology museum in the deck.
- The virtual glass floor at the observation deck adds to the thrill of this attraction.
- It was described by the Guardian Newspaper as the "Biggest Picture Frame On The Planet", but it is also famous as the "Biggest Stolen Building of All Time". Since it was designed by the Fernando Denis who was never given the credit for the design.
Timing:- 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- Adult 50 AED, Child 20 AED, Senior Citizen Free
4. Miracle Garden
Miracle Garden - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- The city of Dubai never stops surprising as it keeps coming up with newer and more interesting and fascinating attractions. Miracle Garden is one of them.
- The beautiful flower garden was inaugurated on Valentine's day i.e. 14th February in 2013. The garden is the World's Largest Garden covering the area of 72,000 square meters with natural flowers.
- Note that the garden is only open for tourists from October to April, and is closed from May to September because of the weather conditions in Dubai.
- The Miracle Garden has the exhibit of the Airbus 380 with natural flower decoration which also has been noted in the Guinness Book Of World Records.
- After two years of the Miracle Garden i.e. in 2015, The Butterfly Garden was opened just beside featuring 15,000 butterflies from 26 different species making it the largest indoor butterfly garden in the world.
Timing:- 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1:30 Hour
Ticket Cost:- Adult 50 AED, Child 40 AED
5. Dubai Museum
Dubai Museum - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Dhow Cruise Outside Dubai Museum - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- The main museum of the city of Dubai known as the Dubai Museum is located at the Al Fahidi Fort. The museum gives an insight into the culture and the history of Dubai.
- The Dubai Museum is spread into 4,000 square meters, it was opened by the ruler of Dubai in 1971.
- The main purpose of the museum was to provide tourists with information about the culture and lifestyle of the Emirate of Dubai.
- The museum houses contents from statues depicting the local's life to artifacts from other parts of the World who were the trading partners of Dubai.
- The famous Dhow cruise exhibit is kept outside the museum at the entrance.
Timing:- 08:30 AM to 08:30 PM. Friday - 02:30 AM to 08:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 30 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- Adult 3 AED, Child 1 AED
6. Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise
Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- Dubai Marina is a large man-made area by the waterside which houses plush residences, high end branded malls, private yacht rides, skydiving, the experiences which will take you on a luxury level.
- However, Marina Dhow Dinner cruise is one experience which can be enjoyed by most of the tourists without shelling too much of money.
- Dhow is the traditional wooden cruise used by the sailors in the middle east region. Nowadays these cruises are used for giving tourists an out of the world experience.
- The cruise starts from the pier which is behind the Dubai Marina mall and goes on for 2 hours. Along with dinner, tourists also enjoy the local dance performance of Dubai i.e. Tanora Dance.
- The cruise ride treats with the high rise light up the skyline of Dubai with calming and soothing waters of the marina.
Timing:- Different Timings Depending on the Operator
Visit Duration:- 2 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Different Packages Depending on the Operator
7. Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai -Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Google
- Dubai was one of the first few cities to start with an artificial snow adventure for tourists. The Ski Dubai is located in the Emirates Mall.
- This indoor ski resort is spread over the area of 22,000 square meters which provides all kinds of experiences one can have on a snow mountain maintaining the temperature of -1 degree Celsius to 2 degree Celsius.
- The Ski Dubai was opened in 2005 with attractions such as an indoor mountain which is approximately equivalent to the height of 25 stories. There are also lifts which carry skiers and snowboarders to the top of the mountain.
- Other slopes with varying steeps add to the thrills along with an open area for playing in the snow.
- All the material required to enjoy the snow such as jackets, shoes, and other equipment is provided outside which is included in the ticket price.
Timing:- 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- Depending On The Experience You Are Looking At HERE
8. Desert Dunes Safari
Sunset at Arabian Desert in Dubai - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Fire Dancer at Dunes Camp - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- The city of Dubai lies within the Arabian Desert. Because of which the temperatures of the city are always on the extremes.
- However, instead of criticizing the geographical and weather conditions Dubai has made a gold mine of these deserts by providing various activities in the area.
- One of the most famous being the Desert Dunes Safari. All the operators who operate this activity provide pick up in the land cruiser from the hotel at Dubai and drive for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach the sand dunes and then further to the camp.
- Before hitting the sand dunes, one pit stop is made where tourists can enjoy activities like sand boarding, camel riding, and go-carting etc.
- Before hitting the dunes, air is drained out from the tires of the cars and then the adventure begins.
- It is one of the must-have experiences in Dubai. Tourists can also choose the level of the adventure in this case.
- The car drops you at the camp in the middle of the deserts, where set up is made for entertainment and dinner along with other activities like Heena, Hukkah, Local Dress Tryouts.
- A huge stage is set up in the middle of the arrangement for the performance of belly dancer, tanora dancer, and the fire dancer.
- Since the camps are set up to give local experience, the sitting arrangement is made on the beds and cushions arranged on the floor. One can also go for a VIP seating arrangement with additional charges where everything is served on the table.
Timing:- 03:00 PM onwards
Visit Duration:- 6 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Can vary operator to operator
9. Burj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Strikingly
- A building which looks like a shape of the sail of the ship has become an identity of the city which is a hotel named as Burj Al Arab.
- Located on the Jumeirah Beach, and also knows as the Seven Star hotel in the world providing the finest hospitality service one will ever receive.
- The building is connected by a private bridge from the main road to the hotel and those who have a booking with the hotel can go through the bridge.
- Others can visit the beach-side to get a full view of the hotel along with its disc-like structure at the top which happens to be the helipad.
10. Palm Jumeirah Island and The Palm Atlantis Hotel
The Palm Atlantis Hotel - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Strikingly
Plam Jumeirah Island - Places to Visit in Dubai. Video Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- When it comes to reclaiming land from the sea and make a living out of it and over it, Dubai has probably topped the list in all manners.
- The Palm Jumeirah Island is an artificial archipelago in UAE created in the shape of the Palm Tree.
- The island houses luxurious hotels, residential buildings, private villas with their private beaches.
- Either a vehicle or a monorail is used as transportation to reach the island and one can go till the very end of the island and also enter the most luxurious hotel of the island i.e. The Palm Atlantis.
- This hotel also houses branded shops, aquariums, and a water park along with the private beach only accessible for hotel guests.
11. Bollywood Theme Park
Bollywood Theme Park - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Raj Mahal Theater in Bollywood Theme Park - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- Dubai and its people have always been in love with Bollywood, especially the superstar Shah Rukh Khan. And the Bollywood Theme Park in Dubai is one great example of this fact.
- As the name says, this theme park is created based on the various movies produced in Bollywood.
- Guests are welcomed with an opening dance performance at certain timings, upon collecting the tickets, a security check is done before entering since tourists are not allowed to bring in professional cameras, food packets.
- The park is completely decorated with Indian culture which revolves around Bollywood movies.
- The 4D rides like Krrish, Raavan, Don, Lagaan are the most famous of all and must do.
- Other activities such as Sholay, is a ride where the participant sits in a ride and is given a gun and shoot the Gabbar the villain. The one who scored most is the winner.
- A theater called as Rajmahal which is based on the structure of the iconic landmark of India Taj Mahal features a Bollywood movie continuously.
Timing:- 04:00 PM to 09:00 PM. During DSF - 01:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 5 Hours
Ticket Cost:- 175 AED
12. Dubai Garden Glow
Dubai Garden Glow - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Google
- Dubai Garden Glow is an endless world of anyone's excitement and imaginations. It looks like since the day might not be much overwhelming with all the attractions so Dubai added something even for the night.
- The Dubai Garden Glow, as the name goes is a garden which glows at night and gives a completely different experience to visitors.
- The garden was opened for tourists in 2015 and has been very successful since then. The interactive area for kids, with eco-friendly arts and other performances.
- The pathway of the garden further extends to the food court where all the delicacies around the world can be tasted.
- One should look at the weather conditions before planning the visit to this park since it can be affected due to rain or water clogging.
Timing:- 04:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- 65 AED
13. Global Village
Global Village - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
Boat ride at Global Village - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- The global village is an open area marketplace where 90 countries from around the World, set up their area to sell the specialties of the particular countries along with showcasing the culture and its famous monuments.
- Apart from the market area, it is also a city of fun and entertainments with various shows, rides, and parks.
- The whole Global Village area is spread over 1,72,00,000 square meters and approximately 5 million tourists visit it every year.
- The concept was started in 1996 and is in its boom during the Dubai Shopping Festival.
Timing:- 04:00 PM to Midnight
Visit Duration:- 2 Hours
Ticket Cost:- 15 AED
14. Zabeel Palace while on a Limousine Ride
Limousine Ride at Dubai - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- Zabeel Palace is the residence and the administrative headquarter of the Ruling Family of Dubai.
- Tourists are of course not allowed inside, but it is allowed to see from outside standing at a distance.
- The Zabeel Palace can be seen best at night when the palace and the surrounding are all lit up. The limousine picks up at the hotel and takes on a ride of approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and makes one stop at the Zabeel Palace.
- One Limousine depending on the size can carry up to 18 to 20 people.
15. La Perle By Dragone Show
- La Perle By Dragone is a new age modern award-winning show which leaves audience mesmerized with its technology works and other activities.
- The theater is an aqua theater which holds 2.7 million liters of water. The stage turns into an enormous waterfall within no time.
- The screens around the theater turn into a different canvas as the show goes ahead and the fascinating sound effects increase the beauty of the show.
- The seats are divided into different classes such as Gold, Silver, Bronze, and VIP.
Timing:- 07:00 to 08:30 PM and 09:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1.30 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Depending upon the class of the ticket.
16. Shopping Markets
Gold Souk Market Shop in Dubai - Places to Visit in Dubai. Image Source - Mitali's Travel Diary
- Whether it is shopping festival or any other regular time in Dubai, the city offers plenty options for shopping right from branded plush malls like Dubai Mall and The Mall of Emirates and Dubai Marina Mall till Meena Bazaar where one can buy the famous dry fruits of Dubai in cheaper rates yet with same quality.
- Dubai is famous for its lower rate of the Gold Jewelry, because of which most of the tourists make it a point to visit Gold Souk (souk - market). A market which is completely dedicated only to gold jewelry.
- Other shopping outlets like Deira City Center, Lulu Markets are also famous chains in the city and provide shopping with reasonable rates.
SAVE IT FOR LATER
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!