- If you are an Indian, or the one who is aware of the Indian history, the moment you hear the name Andaman, the first things that comes to mind is the Jail.
- The punishment most of the freedom fighters went through, the notable one being the great Svantantraveer Savarkar. The time at this jail was also called as Kaala Paani (literal meaning is Black Water, but the actual interpretation is Kaal meaning Time and Paani Meaning Water. The time in water).
- In today’s date, the cellular jail stands as a tourist point along with the museum, monument for the freedom fighters, hanging room, cells to be visited by tourists.
- The whole jail is made of seven different building connected by one watch-tower. At the center of the complex, various statues are kept showing how the prisoners were tortured and made to work for their daily routine.
- The guides provide accurate information about the whole history of the jail and the prisoners who were brought here.
Timing :- 09:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM for Jail Complex. Shows happen at 5:30 PM, 06:30 PM and 07:30 PM
Visit Duration :- 2 Hours
Ticket Cost :- Rs. 5 Per Person