MALAYSIA - Truly Asia
Travel | Enjoy | Respect
Almost every tourist who travels to Singapore; plans to travel to Malaysia at the same time. The advantage is that you can travel from Singapore and reach Malaysia in no time.
My first visit to Malaysia was back in 2012; I would not say I fell in love instantly with the country but the people out there, the system out there slowly made me love the country and its cities.
It is a country in South East Asian region which offers all the varieties from beaches, rainforests, modern marvels and some popular theme parks. Just like Singapore, the country has different culture and ethnicity living within. The official religion of the country is Islam, and all the Malays (the citizen of the country) are Muslim by law. However; the government has allowed each and every individual to follow religious practices as per their will.
The capital city of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur which has come into the picture after one of the most famous and one of the tallest towers Twin Towers. Once you are in the country; don't be surprised with everyone saying ''LAH'' at the end of every sentence. It is just the routine part of the Malay language. But you need not worry; since English is known to everyone, it is very easy for tourists to go around the country.
A. Getting There
1. You have plenty of options available for flights; whether it is direct flight or be a stopover flight. And nowadays there are so many budget airlines available; that you can even fly cheaper than you thought during the airline's sale period.
2. If you are in Singapore; then the cheapest way to travel to Malaysia is by road; You can either travel by your own vehicle or buy the ticket for the bus which will take you to Malaysia.
1. Acquiring Malaysia visa is not really a very difficult task. You can apply online for the visa with minimum documents and within a week's time, you get your visa. Standard visa is valid for 6 months and is multiple entry visas.
1. Malaysian Ringgit is the official currency of Malaysia. It is mentioned as RM. The Paper currency starts with as minimum as RM 1 and the highest denomination is RM 100.
2. Even if you are carrying other foreign currencies; you can easily exchange it to Malaysia Ringgit at the exchange counters in the city.
1. Malaysia shares the same weather as Singapore. The weather is hot and humid throughout the year.
2. You can travel anytime to the country and have the same type of weather. If you are looking for the off-peak season; January to March is the best time; when you will have the least tourists in the country.
1. Malaysian cuisine consists of the variety of the ethnic groups such as Malay, Chinese and Indian.
2. As I said since the country shares the common history with Singapore; there are a lot of dishes which you will find similar.
3. Nasi Goren and the Spicy Malay Rice is my most favorite dish from the country.
1. Malaysian transportation started developing during British colonial times itself. Malaysia transportation is one of the systematic transportation in Asia today.
2. The road network is one of the finest and good quality networks. There are highways which also connect to the border of Thailand from Singapore.
3. The transportation system includes buses, trains, metros, and flight. There are 6 international airports in the country.
1. If you are at the right place in Malaysia you will find some of the amazing things at a very cheap price.
2. Kuala Lumpur being the capital city; you will find some street shopping as well as branded shopping at one place.
1. The county of Malaysia offers right from wonderful hotels to even great budget hostels.
2. Depending on your choice, you can choose to select to stay either in the city center or away from the hustle bustle of the city.
3. And even if you are staying out of the city center; it takes around 30 to 45 minutes to reached the center.
I. Cities Visited
1. Kuala Lumpur
J. Bucket List
SAVE IT FOR LATER
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly