Make Most of Your Transit Time at
Where More Adventure Awaits
Make Most Of Your Transit Time At CHANGI Airport
Traveling is always fun but that also comes with a lot of other things which are not so much fun and that includes flight journeys. Whether it be a long flight or a short flight I always want it to get me to my destination at the earliest (Of course if I travel Business Class my opinions might change).
Some travelers prefer direct flights whereas some prefer via flights which gives them time to get some break from the cabin air. However; your transit duration and transit airport add a lot to your boredom or fun part of the journey.
I have traveled via multiple different airports to my destinations, and the best one I thought was the Changi International Airport. It is an airport which actually has got its own sightseeing, gardens and other activities and you do not even need to step out of the airport. All of these things are available in the transit area itself. The airport has also been awarded World's Best Airport.
Changi International Airport comprises four Terminals; the fourth terminal is newly added. And every terminal has got something to amaze you. You can use sky trains to travel between the terminals.
1. Terminal 1
A. Cactus Garden
- Ever wondered whether a garden can be accommodated in an airport transit area? Well! CIA have achieved it and maintained with very good quality as well. It is an open-air garden also provided as a smoking area.
B. Piazza Garden
- It is a seasonal garden situated at the center of the Terminal. It displaces Singapore's thematic and cultural plants and flowers.
C. Water Lily Garden
- It is a garden which accommodates Water Lilies in their natural form. The roof of the garden is also constructed in the shape of the flower's leaf.
D. Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi
- If you have a really long halt flight and you do not mind spending money on your transit time; you can simply dive in the rooftop swimming pool; which also offers the service of Jacuzzi and shower.
- The cost is SGD 17 per person and the timings are 6 AM to 12 Midnight. If you are the guest of Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel; you can enjoy this on a complimentary basis.
E. The Social Tree
- One of the largest interaction digital tree I have seen inside an airport. The tree is surrounded by photo booths where you can attach your photo with animated backgrounds.
F. Sculptural Tree Garden
- It is a garden made of one huge tree standing almost 3 floors high. The area also provides a spiral walkway to take a closer look at the tree.
2. Terminal 2
A. Enchanted Garden
- As the name says; it indeed is a magical garden. The garden comes to life as you walk through it. The shimmering outer structures amaze you. You should go and watch the garden from a level up to get the best view of the garden.
B. Sunflower Garden
- Another terminal and yet another garden. A very beautiful open-air Sunflower garden inside the airport. The flowers are in full bloom and are very well maintained.
C. Orchid Garden
- This is the garden of the National flower of Singapore. You will get to see various types of orchid flower in this garden along with a fish pond and a small bridge to walk over it.
D. Free Singapore Tour
- If you have at least 6 hours transit halt at the CIA; you can actually opt for this option. This tour is 2.5 hours which takes you through the most important part of the tiny island. You need to submit your passport along with boarding passes to the counter and you can go with the staff for the tour.
E. Interactive Area
- Lets your kid's creativity and his/her drawing and coloring skill come to good use. It is a small area in the terminal where you will find drawing stamps, papers and color pencils.
F. Entertainment Zone
- Getting bored in the transit? Do not eve wish to go around looking at the area? Then this is the zone made for you. This entertainment zone is stuffed with X-Box Games Room, Movie Theater, MTV Music Room and even a Cafeteria.
G. Experience Zone
- A huge fan of Sports and not willing to miss out on the match while in transit; then come to this zone and enjoy the latest match on a huge screen while you are seated in a comfortable chair along with a dark room environment created just for this area.
3. Terminal 3
A. Butterfly Garden
- A beautiful butterfly garden of two storied is situated in T3. Once you enter you will understand that the temperature has been maintained as per the requirement of the butterflies and you get to see various species of butterflies.
B. TV Lounge
- This is the place in T3; where passengers can actually enjoy the TV shows in comfortable couches.
Apart from this T3 also has a Movie Theater, Interactive Zone like in T2.
4. Terminal 4
This is newly added Terminal to the Changi International Airport and I am yet to visit it. However; as per news I have heard that it includes entertainment corner, a huge LED screen at the security screening area, TV Lounge and many other attractions yet to be discovered by me.
Apart from above mentioned activities all terminal of CIA provides the services of ATM, Airline Lounges, Play Area, baby Care Room, Baggage Storage, Lost and Found, Convenience Stores, Clinics and Pharmacies, Free to Use Rest Areas, Money Changers, Customer Service Counters, Phone Booths, Prayer Rooms, Spa and Shower Services, Transit Hotels and Massage Chairs.
SAVE IT FOR LATER
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly