- Also known as the Sensoji temple which is probably the most famous temple of Tokyo located in one of the busiest areas of Asakusa.
- It is Buddhist temple and the temple itself along with the whole area is always very much colorful and vibrant and full of energy.
- The story of the temples goes like this- There were two brothers who found the statue of the Kanon in the Sumida river, they returned the statue to the river but it would keep coming back to them.
- And then the temple was built near the statue of the Goddess of the Kanon.
- The construction of the temple was finished in 645 making it the oldest temple in Tokyo. Outside the temple, it also has a pagoda of 5 stores and a pot where almost every person who visit lights an incense stick. It is also said that if you keep this smoke in your bags and pockets it bring you good luck.
- At the time of entering the temple, tourists enter it from the thunder gate which is also said to be the entrance gate to the capital city of Tokyo.
- The temple area further stretches to the Nakamise street which is always buzzing with all kinds of souvenir you will ever want to buy from Japan whether it be the lucky cat, kimonos and the famous Japanese street food. The sweet called as Agemanju is one of my favorites though.
Timing:- 06:00 AM to 05:00 PM for Main Temple Hall, rest of the area is always open
Visit Duration:- 2 Hours including the Nakamise street
Ticket Cost:- None