- This was one place I was waiting to visit in Yangon. Since looking at the photos itself I was so much in love with it already.
- The pagoda is mainly famous among Thai tourists and as the name says it houses the tooth of the Buddha.
- The pagoda is built with white marble and covered with gold paint with a beautiful interior.
- Once you reach the pagoda; you feel like you are visiting one of the Thai temples because of the design.
- The beautiful pagoda is located far from the city center and is not easily accessible by public transport. I got into bus number 36 from Yangon Bus Station in front of Sule Pagoda.
- After paying 200 MMk I waited for the bus driver to inform once my stop arrives. And voila!!! The driver forgets to inform me about the stops and brings the bus further by almost 3 kilometers. Thanks to my destiny he immediately realized and started telling me in Burmese to get down, poor me helpless with the language couldn't understand a single thing when a local boy who could speak English translated me to get down and go backward. I got down and booked myself an Uber for 2,000 MMK which dropped me in front of the pagoda. Remember that locals know this pagoda as Swe Taw Myat Pagoda.
Timing:- 06:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 30 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- 2,000 MMK