Best Places to Visit in
All you can imagine can be found here
Best Places to Visit In SINGAPORE
Depending upon the number of days there are sightseeing which you can cover while in Singapore. But if you are willing to see whole of Singapore in your single visit; you at least need 5 to 6 days to complete all the sightseeing in the city.
The sightseeing list mentioned below is the most touristy Singapore, if you have some more days in this small country you can also go on exploring the off beat Singapore.
1. Singapore Flyer
- If you want to know how Singapore city looks like from the sky; Singapore Flyer needs to be on your list for sure. It is a giant Ferris wheel.
- It stands at the height of 165 meters giving you an amazing 360-degree view of the city. It has 28 capsules and takes 28 minutes. One capsule can carry 28 people maximum at a time. Singaporeans believe a lot in Feng Shui because of which you would see a lot of construction based on the numbers.
- Before you enter the walking museum set after the entrance area; your baggage will be scanned. Please note that you are not allowed to carry anything bigger than your hand purse.
- After the screening, you are inside a museum before you get in your ride. The ride does not stop completely only slows down when comes to the boarding point.
- On a clear day, you can even few some of the islands surrounding the country.
Timing:- 08:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
Ticket Cost:- Adult 33 SGD, Child 21 SGD
2. City Tour
- The city tour of Singapore can be covered within 3 hours depending on how much time you would like to spend at a place. You can either choose to travel by your own vehicle or you can select the hop on hop off city tour buses.
- The city has different beauty in morning and in evening. All the buildings and monuments you see in the morning are lit up in various colorful lights at evening.
- Since the weather in the morning will be hot and humid; hop on hop off bus tour is suggested for the evening time.
- The city tour takes you through various places of the city where you get to see the parliament house, courthouse building, Victoria theater, Fullerton Hotel, Swissotel the tallest hotel in Singapore, a statue of Sir Stamford Raffles.
- The city tour also takes you through Suntec City; which is a commercial complex built and based on the concept of Feng Shui. It has a famous fountain called as Fountain of Wealth. The specialty of the fountain is; unlike other fountains, the water flows inwards considering that the wealth should come in. It is said that if you go to this fountain and circle it twice it brings you good luck.
- Another place that you should be visiting is the Orchard Road; the costliest area in the whole of Singapore. The place is full of high-end plush apartments and branded shopping malls. The street is most beautiful during Christmas New Year time.
- Ideally, you should finish your city tour at the Singapore River where you can board the river cruise and get down at the Merlion Park.
Visit Duration:- Half Day
Ticket Cost:- Depending on your choice
3. River Boat Ride
- The boat ride takes you from the Singapore river from one end to the other. You can choose the boarding point as per your convenience. The suggested route is Clark Quay to Merlion Park.
- The boat has its own audio guides which give you information about the historic bridges. buildings around the river as you are passing ahead.
- At one moment during the boat ride; you get to see the perfect view of the Singapore Flyer, Art and Science Museum and Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the statue of Merlion stands on the other side.
- The boat ride can last from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the type of ride you select.
Timing:- 09:00 AM to 08:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 30 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- Adult 25 SGD, Child 15 SGD
4. Merlion Park
- As the name says; the park is dedicated to the icon of Singapore; Merlion. The mythical creature which had the head of the lion and body of the fish.
- The statue stands tall at the height of 8.6 meters and you can see the stream of water flowing from its mouth for 24 hours.
- You will find many tourists posing in front of the Merlion in different positions. So when you visit the Merlion; make sure you get one clicked too.
- On the backside of the statues; you will see another Merlion statue which is just 2 meters tall and is made up of porcelain.
Ticket Cost:- NA
5. Gardens By The Bay
- This is one of the new builds and added attraction in Singapore and one of my most favorite in the whole of Singapore.
- The moment you enter the area you will see huge trees which are called as Super Tree Groves. You can actually go inside in two of these trees and walk on the skyway-connected by two trees.
- The garden is divided mainly into parts; one is Flower Dome and the other one is Cloud Forest Dome.
- You need at least 30 minutes to 45 minutes to cover each dome and make sure your camera battery is full before you go for this sightseeing.
- Flower dome is all about the various flowers found in the world and this particular dome changes its flowers as per the season. I have been lucky enough to see Christmas, Halloween and Chrysanthemum season at this dome at different times.
- Cloud forest dome is the rainforest theme which also includes the in-house man-made waterfall.
- The elevator in this dome takes you on the sixth level. You can climb one floor up and you start descending from the spiral skywalk which actually is a very interesting walk.
- On the way down you also get to see other artifacts related to a rainforest and a documentary movie before you reach an exit.
- If you are visiting this place in the evening then do not leave the place without watching the light and sound show which happens in the evening at 7:45 and 8:45.
- The show happens on the supertrees and the best way to see the show is actually lying down on the floor. The 15 minutes of this show leaves you in magical and musical surprise.
Timing:- 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 2 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Adult 28 SGD, Child 15 SGD for both domes and Adult 8 SGD, Child 5 SGD for OCBC Skyway
6. Singapore Zoo
- Singapore does not have dense forest but the country has significantly preserved the wildlife in form of zoos and other safari places. One of the places to experience wildlife is the Singapore Zoo.
- It houses around 3000 animals in the zoo roaming freely in the area. The zoo has very nicely arranged elevated platforms for viewing and interacting with animals.
- These elevated platforms also work as a feeding platform for various animals at particular timings.
- Area zoo is completely built as per the natural habitats of the animals. The zoo also houses a show of elephants named as Elephants at Work and Play Show which happens daily at 11:30 AM and 03:30 PM.
Timing:- 08:30 AM to 06:30 PM
Visit Duration:- 3 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Adult 33 SGD, Child 22 SGD
7. River Safari
- River Safari is the newest addition to the Singapore's wildlife adventures. This park features multiple water faunas as well as few threatened species of animals.
- The park features various water flows which are named under famous and important rivers of the world. These rivers let you go on a journey one being the River Safari Cruise and other is the Amazon River Quest.
- Apart from the rivers it also lets you enjoy various forests like giant Panda Forest, Monkey Forest, and Amazon Flooded Forest.
- Park open at 10:00 AM and closes at 07:00 PM. Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari are located in the same complex. You can actually buy a multi-park ticket and save a good amount of money.
Timing:- 10:00 AM to 07:00 PM
Ticket Cost:- Adult 35 SGD, Child 23 SGD
8. Night Safari
- If Singapore zoo is about animals during daytime; Night Safari is all about watching animals in their natural habitat during night time.
- Being the World's first nocturnal park; a lot of tourists are towards this attraction. The admission to the park starts at 7:15.
- Before you enter inside you can enjoy the outstanding Thumbuakar Performance which happens at 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
- Once you are inside you will find people queuing for the tram ride which takes you on the journey of 45 minutes through the forest made for animals.
- The park also hosts a show Creatures of the Night Show indoor at 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM and 10:30 PM. It definitely is a worth watch.
Timing:- 07:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Ticket Cost:- Adult 45 SGD, Child 30 SGD
9. Jurong Bird Park
- Along with animals the country of Singapore has also preserved birds in its territory and the best place to view all those birds is the Jurong Bird Park.
- the park is located on the island Jurong and offers a wide range of activities along with 2 shows inside the park.
- The best time to visit the park is in the morning. You can start with a tram ride and choose to take multiple stops.
- First stop is at World's largest Lorry loft and goes down 9 levels to enjoy the birds coming to you when you hold on to their favorite juice in your hand.
- The second stop can be at the Waterfall Aviary which is 30 meters high and houses 600 birds.
- For third stop, you can proceed to Jungle Jewels where you can experience the South American tropical Rain Forest.
- Finish your tram ride where you started and visit the Penguin Coast where you can enjoy watching penguins in their artificially created habitat.
- The park also conducts two shows - Kings of the Skies Show which happens at 09:30 AM and the High Flyers Show which happens at 11:00 AM & 03:00 PM on daily basis.
- It is advisable that you take the first tram at 08:30 and catch up with the show at 09:30. After 30 minutes show, you can spend your 45 minutes visiting other places in the park like Flamingo Lake, Pelican Cove, breeding, and Research Center and catch up with 11:00 AM show.
- The park is open from 08:30 AM till 06:00 PM.
Timing:- 08:30 AM to 06:00 PM
Ticket Cost:- Adult 29 SGD, Child 19 SGD
10. Marina Bay Sands
- Yet another newly built hotel and also an attraction to the tourists for visiting the sky park.
- So if you keep looking at this wonderful structure with 3 buildings and a boat like structure on these 3 buildings; it is Marina Bay Sand hotel in Singapore.
- Do not be disappointed if you are not staying at the hotel; you can still visit the sky park on the top of that boat structure.
- You can bu the ticket and enter the property from the base; take a life and reach the sky park where you can see the view of Singapore city from the 57th level.
- The sky park also consists of an Infinity Swimming Pool which is the World's Highest and Largest Rooftop pool offering you the best views while you are floating in the pool.
- Fortunately or unfortunately this pool is only accessible for the guests of the hotel and notes the visitors.
- The resort itself consists of Casino and 2561 hotel rooms, convention exhibition center, a museum, 2 large theaters, 2 floating crystal pavilions, a skating rink and a casino.
Timing:- 09:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Ticket Cost:- Adult 23 SGD, Child 17 SGD
11. Sentosa Island
- Sentosa island is one of the most visited islands by tourists in Singapore.You can reach the island either by road or simply by taking a cable car Mt. Faber till Sentosa island.
- The island has got plenty of attraction to spend at least a half day at this place.
- Whether you wanna get clicked with celebrities at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum or you wanna know the history of the country life at the Images of Singapore.
- You can also enjoy the sky views of the island by opting for either by going for a 360-degree ride of skyway or by the return trip cable car from Melion Station inside Sentosa.
- Sentosa island also gives you an option of some adventure packed rides like Luge Rides; and also entertainment like 4D shows.
- You also get to see the Papa Merlion at Sentosa which stands tall at the height of 37 meters; which also allows tourists to take a lift and reach its mouth for the viewpoint.
- The most highlighted part of the island tour is set in the evening which is the laser show named as Wings of Time; which happens at 7:40 PM and 8:40 PM. The show is such an art of magnificent work that it will make you forget all the fatigue you have had in a whole day.
- Even if you do not have your own car in Sentosa; once you are inside the island you can use the shuttle buses or even sky trains provided by the island to travel from one place to the other.
Ticket Cost:- Various Ticket Cost As Per Activities You Choose To Do
12. Resort World Sentosa
- After exploring birds, animals and various other flora and fauna; you cannot really think of leaving Singapore without visiting Resort World Sentosa for exquisite ocean life.
- The resort is divided into various parts giving you an experience which you will not forget.
- You are willing to get wet in the water in the hot and humid climate of the city; it is time for you to head out to Adventure Cove water park. It is not just like any other water park; it also offers you a chance to interact with ocean creatures especially sting ray at Ray Bay and dolphins at Dolphin Island.
- You can still enjoy the ocean aquarium without getting wet at South East Asia Aquarium which is home to more than 1,00,000 marine animals. the best part I found in the whole of the aquarium is the touch pool and the open ocean concept.
- RWS also houses a casino and a huge shopping arena and international food court.
- Universal Studios Singapore is another and the most exciting fun packed theme park built in Resort World Sentosa.
Visit Duration:- Whole Day
Ticket Cost:- Dependent on Various Factors
SAVE IT FOR LATER
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly