Best Places to Visit in PATTAYA
Packet full of Surprises
It is a city that surprises you to the core. Situated at 160 km from Bangkok; was a fishing village and slowly became the place of entertainment for the American soldiers during Vietnam War. Later the whole World knew of this city for nightlife but I must say a city like Pattaya has to offer everything from a child to an adolescent.
From resort hotels to high rise condos to the beautiful islands, from fun filing water parks to pubs, discos and everything you can imagine. It also offers the variety of branded shopping malls or even spoils you with attractive street shopping. Whether it be adventure seekers to the beach lovers or simply a group of youngsters who are thinking of having a good time of their lifetime.
Families can never be disappointed in this city since it has tons of sightseeing to cover and never be bored with it. Whether it be morning or evening or dinner, you are never going to be free to think of anything apart from doing different activities in Pattaya.
The only set back is the hot and humid weather that makes you feel tiring. However, you can find cafes or multiple stores or even the street carts to find yourself some good drinks to beat the heat.
Whether you are looking for a budget hotel or you are willing to spoil yourself with a high star rated hotel. Pattaya gives you the variety of hotels from high rise building to the typical resort type hotel. Most of the tourists prefer to stay near the beach road for their quick visit to the beach as in when they like. Some of them like to stay away from the hustle bustle of the city, but in that case, you spend bit more amount on your traveling to the city. Since most of the tourist attractions are in and near the city.
And if you are tired of roaming around for various sights in Pattaya; you will find massage parlors everywhere almost after two shops to relax yourself that too at a quite cheap cost.
The best part of traveling in Pattaya is; you have an option of hiring a scooter for yourself to drive around the city. With google maps to your help, you can drive around the city at your pace and enjoy the city as per your own taste. If not, you can opt for other local transports and go around the city for various sightseeing as mentioned in my Thailand Transport- Quick and Fast blog.
Talking about Pattaya nightlife is one of the most happening in the world. The most famous area is the Walking Street which is situated at the end of the beach road in South Pattaya. An area surrounded by neon lights, discos, pubs, bars and all the other nocturnal adventures can be found in plenty over here. But be careful if you are not really interested in nighttime adventure, better just do the walk and get back.
Best Places to Visit in Pattaya
1. Pattaya Tower
- The first seaside hotel and revolving restaurant of Thailand.
- The tower itself serves with the restaurant along with the observation deck from where we get to see the outstanding view of the Pattaya city.
- One floor up and you are on the open air terrace with options for doing either of the three activities- Cable Car, Speed Shuttle or Tower Jump.
Timing:-11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Visit Duration:- Totally Depends on Queue. 1 Hour Minimum
Ticket Cost:- 300 THB
2. Nong Nooch Village
- The area spread over approximately 600 acres has some outstanding gardens, zoos and 2 shows being Thai Cultural Show and Elephant Show (one of the best elephant shows).
- Shows happen on particular timings and you need to buy tickets at the time of buying entry tickets.
- Obviously, you cannot walk across the whole area, that is why the garden provides you a tram ride of 30 minutes which takes you through different gardens with pit stops for 5 minutes. It also houses restaurants for Indian as well as Thai food.
Timing:-08:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 3 Hours
Ticket Cost:- For Entry, Garden and Shows 800 THB
3. Mini Siam
- Going around the world is not going to be quick and happen fast. And that is the reason you need to visit Mini Siam (Siam is the old name of Thailand).
- The park which houses the miniatures of the famous monuments of the world and one section is dedicated only to Thailand.
- Just beside Mini Siam, you can also go for an adventure activity of go-carting.
Timing:-07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour
4. Coral Island
- An island famous for the coral formations as the name and the other beach activities is the most famous tourist spots among all.
- You can reach the island by the speedboat from the beach road. The island is well organized with beach activities, seating arrangements and food joints on the backside.
- If you are traveling solo; you need to be careful and try to contact the local agent for an island excursion.
Ticket Cost:- Depending on Travel Agent
5. Big Buddha Hill
- The Buddha statue of 18 meters situated at the height of 100 meters from the sea level. It is on the hill known as Pratumnak Hill.
- You can reach there by Song Teaw which can cost you around 250 THB. The entry to the temple is free.
- It mostly gets busy at the time of the evening for the beautiful view of the city during sunset.
Visit Duration:- 30 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- NA
6. Cabret Shows
- Pattaya is also famous for some nightlife shows for families as well as for bachelors. If you are looking for family and entertaining cabaret shows; the best option is the Tiffany show (you are not allowed to do any photography or shoot any videos in this show.), next is Alcazar show- another show with outstanding and humorous performances with huge sets being changed in a blink of an eye.
- You also have a third option of Colosseum who but it is not yet that much loved by the tourists.
Timing:-Alcazar Show, Tiffany Show
Visit Duration:- 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- Check on respective websites
As I mentioned about the nightlife in Pattaya, the city also has some adult shows like Russian Show, Coconut Show, 69, Big Eye. Every show has a different genre and prices may vary for different shows.
7. Art in Paradise
- An Interactive Art Museum. It is a beautifully designed in such way that when you click a photo; it doesn't look like a painting anymore and gives an impression of an actual picture.
Timing:-09:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 1.30 Hour
8.Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark
- A newly added and a huge attraction to tourists with children. It is water park built on the Cartoon Network theme.
- It has some amazing rides and provides other facilities for families. Around 30 minutes driving distance from the city can give you a break from the hot and humid weather.
Timing:-10:00 AM to 07:00 PM
Ticket Cost:- Adult 1,290 THB, Child 990 THB
9. Buddha Mountain
- It is the largest Buddha engraved in the world embossed with gold. It is carved in the limestone mountain.
- The height of the Buddha is 130 meters and width is 70 meters. It's situated near the Silver Lake area.
Timing:- Before Sunset
10. Ripley's Beleive It or Not
- Ripley's Believe It or Not is a bunch of entertainment under one roof along with shopping.
- Since it is built inside the shopping mall, it has various activities like 12D Movie Theatre, Infinity Maze (you enter a room and you have to find your way in through 13 dark rooms), Luis Tussaud's Wax Museum, Scream in The dark (a car took you around and you have to shoot the target), Haunted House (one of the awesome haunted house I have been to) and of course a Ripleys Museum which takes you through the series of different people and things in the world.
Timing:-11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Visit Duration:- 2 Hours
Ticket Cost:- Depends on Which Activities You Choose To Do
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly