Since it was my short and quick visit to the town, I was not able to cover too many places. But I am jotting down everything below that can be done when you are in town depending upon the number of days you are traveling.
It is always better to plan your travel before you travel to avoid and end moment hassles.
Apart from the different scenic location, Bali is famous for various ancient temples. All these temples are dedicated to different elements of nature. Every temple has its own rules and you have to wear the sarong (the traditional Balinese cloth which you wrap around yourself at the waist) before you enter the temple complex. The main room of the temple complex is always closed and is opened only after 6 months according to Balinese calendar. According to Balinese calendar, 1 month is 35 days. So the main room of the temple is opened for ceremonies after every 210 days.
Best Place to Visit in Bali
Temple in Ubud. Best Places to Visit In Bali. Image Source :- Strikingly.
- Although Ubud does not really fall into Bali itself, it is a village town on the driving distance of 1 hour.
- The village is very small and really beautiful with different temples and some cultural aspects preserved; which makes it the must visit the place.
- Every smaller village here has three temples distinctively of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh.
- Even the hotels in Ubud are preserved in their typical resort form structures; giving you the feeling of staying in the ancient building with all modern facilities available.
- Nearby to this village, you also get to visit Celuk Village (famous for its gold and silver shops) and Mas Village (tremendous amounts of wood carving shops).
Barong Dance Show. Best Places to Visit In Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- This place is famous for the Batik factories; where you can buy some clothes as well as paintings made with Batik style.
- Another reason to visit this place is the Barong Dance Show - The Traditional Balinese Show.
- The show depicts the story of the witch Rangda and the great beast Barong. the dancers express their words through their movements including fingers, hands, and eyes. The explanation in between goes on in the Indonesian language, but you will be given a paper about the story of the drama.
- There are traditional musicians who play the music throughout the show. It is an open-air show with free seating on first come first serve basis.
- The show starts at 9.30 and goes on for 1 hour.
3. Goa Gajah
Goa Gajah Temple. Best Places to Visit In Bali. Image Source :- Google
- This place is also known as the Elephant Cave. At the entrance of the cave, you get to see different creatures carved into the wall.
- It was considered that the primary figure was an elephant. There is a huge bathing space inside which was not excavated until the 1950s.
- It is said that it was built to wave off the evil spirits.
- This site was also added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List on 1995 in the cultural category.
4. Coffee Plantations
Coffee Plantations in Ubud. Best Places to Visit In Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
The Lady Worker at One of the Coffee Plantations. Best Places to Visit In Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- Luwak coffee is something for which Ubud is famous for. Coffee beans are actually extracted from the poo of the animal called Luwak and then processed manually.
- There is various such plantation but the one I visited was Tegala, Uma Pakel.
- The best part was not just the coffee but also the nature swing at the end of the plantation. But it was my hard luck that I could not do it.
5. Tegallalang Rice Terrace
Tegallalang Rice Terrace in Ubud. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Strikingly
- Rice terraces in Ubud are famous it's beautiful views of rice paddies. History says that it was passed by the holy man named Rsi Markandeya in the eighth century.
- The high roadside area is breezy and cool and the best view can be seen from the top of the terraces. It forms a shared area in Ubud's three regions.
6. Pura Tirta Empul
Pura Tirta Empul, Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Pura Tirta Empul is the Hindu Balinese temple. Balinese people mostly worship the elements of water, air etc. And this temple is dedicated to the element of water.
- The temple is located at Tampaksaring. The temple consists of a bathing structure famous for its holy water springs.
- Tirta Empul itself means Holy Spring. These springs give fresh water every time and Balinese people come here for spiritual purification.
7. Sebatu Water Temple
Sebatu Water Temple. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- The temple is actually known as the Gunung Kawi Sebatu temple in locals. Situated in the village of Sebatu area, quite near to the Tegallalang rice terraces.
- It is one of the uncommon visited temples in Bali and yet the most beautiful and tranquil temple.
- After getting down few steps from the entrance, you are welcomed with a water garden on the right side.
- Goddess Saraswati is at the center of the garden and small fountains add to the beauty of it. Straight in front is the main area of the temple.
8. Sekumpul Waterfalls
Sekumpul Waterfalls. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Sekumpul waterfall is considered to be the most beautiful in Bali. But to see it up close, you need to take some pain and efforts.
- From the parking, there is a walk which goes through a dirt road, hundreds of steps, and across a river.
- If you are a solo traveler and riding a motorcycle, you can ride it till the end of the road pavement from the parking.
- There are almost seven separate waterfalls which are scattered in the hills and all of this together are name as Niagara Sekumpul Waterfalls.
- The trek to this waterfall takes about 3 to 4 hours. Not calculating the amount of time you would want to spend enjoying at the base of it.
9. Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
Pura Ulun Danu Bratan. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- The Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple complex is located on the shore of Lake Bratan. This temple was built in the 17th century and it is used for the offerings ceremony of Balinese Water Goddess; Dewi Danu.
- The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Parvati. Buddha's statues are also enshrined in this temple.
- Lake Bratan is also known as the Lake of Holy Mountain because of its fertility importance.
10. Kintamani Volcano
Kintamani Volcano. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Also known as the Bali Volcano or the Mount Batur. Do not mix it up with the current news of volcano eruption which was happening at the Mount Agung.
- The area consists of some small villages offering the best view of the crater of the volcano. Mount Batur is also famous for some treks which gives you some immense views of the sunrise.
- The village named as Toya Bungkah near Batur is also famous for its hot springs among hikers which take this as a stop before starting their trek to the Mount Batur.
11. Bali Elephant Camp
Bali Elephant Camp. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Bali Elephant Camp is a place where you can get to ride an Elephant. A beautiful drive takes you to the camp and you are welcomed with a welcome drink in the cafe.
- You can select the trek type as per your choice and enjoy the surrounding of the valley with riding on the elephant.
- The ride is 30 minutes and the camp is located in the Carangsari village.
12. Pura Besakih Temple
Pura Besakih Temple. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Pura Besakih Temple is situated at the base of the Mount Agung; being the most important, largest and the holiest temple of Hinduism Bali.
- The temple also serves as a beautiful viewpoint for the much-discussed Mount Agung. The whole complex consists of 23 separate temples which are related to each other.
13. Bali Safari and Marine Park
Bali Safari and Marine Park. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- It is a newly opened attraction and not yet that much famous with tourists coming to the town.
- After two years of operations, Bali Safari and Marine Park keep surprising you with a lot of activities like a Safari Journey ride as well as a Night Safari ride.
- If you are traveling with family and kids and really fascinated by animals; then this is a must visit for you. It also has a marine park which takes you through some wonderful adventures.
14. Pura Taman Ayun
Pura Taman Ayun. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- Pura Taman Ayun is the temple of Mengwi Dynasty. Taman Ayun literally translates as Beautiful Gardens.
- It can be reached within half an hour from the center of the Bali city. Beautiful area is surrounded by the ancient structures and the greenery and some water gardens.
15. Alas Kedaton Monkey Forest
Alas Kedatan Monkey Forest. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- The monkey forest in Kedaton area is not much of the famous tourist spot. The alas means Forest. The place houses various monkeys and the local guide gives you a tour throughout the place.
- You can buy some peanuts for IDR 20,000 and attract monkeys to come to you and they eat the peanuts while you can get yourself photographed with them.
- Be careful while roaming around in the area as the monkeys can really get nasty.
16. Tanah Lot Temple
Tanah Lot Temple. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- Tanah Lot is the most famous temple in Bali. Without visiting this temple, you cannot really complete your trip to Bali, the temple is located on the shore of the sea and waves coming towards the temple gives you an amazing view.
- From the parking, it is a walk through the street shopping arena towards the temple area. And after reaching a viewpoint you have to climb few steps down to actually reach in front of the temple.
- But the best view of the temple is seen from the above and nowhere else.
17. Sunset Cruise
View From Sunset Cruise. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Mitali's Travel Diary
- If you are looking for some peaceful ride in the waters looking over the sunset, this is your time. You can hop on to the cruises which offer some good time along with dinner, karaoke, orchestra and magic performances.
- The cruise starts at 5.30 and returns at 8.30 on the same pier.
18. Uluwatu Temple
Uluwatu Temple. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Google
- Uluwatu Temple is the sea temple situated in Bali on the hill giving you some amazing view of the sea from the hill.
- This temple is considered to be one of the six temples which are the pillars of the spirituality. Ulu meaning the Top and Watu meaning the Tip.
- The cliff is at the height of 250 meters from the sea level and gives yet another best view of the sunset in the backdrop.
19. Spa Treatment
- After all of this sightseeing, you surely are going to be in need of some really good spa for yourself. And Bali offers you one of the best spa services in the world and that too at a very low price.
- The basic aromatic oil massage starts at IDR 1,00,000 and the prices can go up depending on the service you choose.
20. Bali Beaches
Beaches in Bali. Best Places to Visit in Bali. Image Source :- Strikingly
- And last but the most important ones. The beaches of Bali which call you from every corner of the world. Bali has got a variety of beaches and it depends upon your interest which type of beach would you like to visit.
- If you are looking for the beach with a lot of watersport activities then Tanjung Benoa Beach is the best of all.
- But if you are planning for your own little hideaway from the hustle bustle of the city you should visit Kuta Beach, Patang Patang Beach, Mengiyat Beach, Geger Beach, Nusa Dua Beach.
SAVE IT FOR LATER