- Visiting this monastery was quite a unique experience. As every person who takes you around for the tour makes sure to bring you at this monastery at 10:15 AM to catch up with the monk's lunchtime.
- It has been an age-old tradition for monks to eat only what is donated to them and that too at particular hours of the day.
- Being so close to the U Bein Bridge, watching these monks gathering for their lunch and having their lunch is now one of the popular tourist activities.
- Tourists also donate some eatables to these monks which are aged from 4 years to as old as they can be.
- But thinking of those monks, I wondered, wouldn't it be frustrating for them being seen by so many tourists every day while having their meal.
Timing:- 10:15 AM for lunchtime
Visit Duration:- 15 Minutes
Ticket Cost:- Free