- A city-based in the hills; this is the only best way I can describe Genting Highlands.
- When you are all tired and fed up of the weather of Kuala Lumpur; Genting is the place you should go for a hill station experience which is located at the height of 1,800 meters above the sea level and is among the mountain ranges Pahang and Selangor.
- The city used to have an outdoor theme park as well as an indoor theme park which is under renovation and is closed at the moment.
- However; it still has other attractions such as Casinos - the only place where the casino is built and is allowed in Malaysia, a huge shopping complex which offers a wide variety of branded shopping.
- If you are willing to enter the casino there are some strict rules to be followed as:-
I. You have to be above 21 years of age
II. Muslim is not allowed to enter the casino
III. You cannot bring your backpack, camera inside
- You also get a chance to stay in the world's largest hotel First World Hotel which has 7,351 rooms in total. If you are staying at this hotel; it is advisable to carry small bags since standard rooms are quite small.
- And since the hotel is huge; it is also confusing to find your room, and do not expect every time you open the window; you will be able to see the mountains outside. It might happen that you would just open the window and see someone else in the window of other room.
- There are a lot of guests who just come and stay at this hotel for a break from their casino playing time. So at times, check-in might be delayed than the stipulated time.
- You can also choose to stay in other hotels at Genting like Genting Grand Hotel, Maxims Hotel, Crockfords Hotel (VVIPs Only), Resort Hotel, Theme Park Hotel. Click HERE to book your stay at Genting.
- You can reach Genting Highlands by a cable car or by a shuttle; both leaves from Gohtong Jaya station. A shuttle will take 30 minutes to reach and you can carry your luggage bag. But a cable car which takes 20 minutes to reach does not allow you to carry cargo bags.
- The advisable route is, of course, the cable car which gives you an awesome view of the surroundings.
- There are a lot of restaurants to give a treat to your taste buds. My favorite restaurant is the Coffee Terrace, especially during the Christmas and New year Times. I can fill up my stomach only with the desserts section during this time. This restaurant offers wide variety of foods from Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and of course Malay food.
Visit Duration:- 1 Night 2 Days
Ticket Cost:- Variable Depending On Your Stay